American Military Welfare Programs2017-03-26T19:40:14-04:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/6dc/20170326194444003_hd.jpgJennifer Mittelstadt talked about the rise of welfare programs for American veterns, especially in the 20th century. This interview took place at the American Historical Association’s annual meeting in Denver, Colorado.
Jennifer Mittelstadt talked about the rise of welfare programs for American veterns, especially in the 20th century. This interview took place at the American Historical Association’s annual meeting in Denver, Colorado.
People in this video
Jennifer Mittelstadt Professor Rutgers University, New Brunswick->History Department
Bill Scanlan Host C-SPAN
- American Historical AssociationAmerican Historical Association
More Videos From
AHA - day 3 - interviews
- Historians as Expert Witnesses on Civil Rights
- U.S.-Mexican Relations and Immigration
- Hospitals and Health Care in Colorado
- Civil War Medicine and Disabled Veterans
- Title IX and Gender Discrimination in School Sports
- American Military Welfare Programs
- Mass Violence in American History
- Ethics of 20th Century Organ Transplants
- American and British Suffrage Movements
- Military Service Animals
Military Welfare Programs
Jennifer Mittelstadt talked about her book The Rise of the Military Welfare State, which gives an in-depth look at the rise of military…
Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH) talked about his proposals for welfare reform. Following remarks, he participated in a panel discussion on the Welfare…
Welfare Reform 10th Anniversary
Panelists talked about the successes and failures of welfare reform since President Bill Clinton signed into law the…
Secretary Thompson spoke at a forum on changes to the welfare system.