Toxic Substance Control Act1988-10-03T09:39:24-04:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/a6e/004543-m.jpgWitnesses debated the dangers to, and protections for, workers who are exposed to toxic chemicals and whether current federal regulations are adequate.
Witnesses debated the dangers to, and protections for, workers who are exposed to toxic chemicals and whether current federal regulations are adequate.
People in this video
- J. Ronald Condray Spokesman Chemical Manufacturers Association
- Charles Elkins Director Environmental Protection Agency->Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances
- Karen Florini Spokeswoman Environmental Defense Fund
- Eric Frumin Director Clothing and Textile Workers Union->Health and Safety
- J. William Hirzy President National Federation of Federal Employees->Local 2050
- Roger Kanerva Manager Illinois->Environmental Protection Agency
- Joseph Merenda Acting Deputy Director Environmental Protection Agency
- Mike Synar U.S. Representative [D] Oklahoma
- Edolphus Towns U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Jackie Warren Spokeswoman Natural Resources Defense Council
- House Government Operations Subcommittee on Environment, Energy and Natural ResourcesHouse Government Operations Subcommittee on Environment, Energy and Natural Resources
Superfund Cleanup of Toxic Waste
The subcommittee held a hearing on Superfund, a program providing federal resources for the cleanup of hazardous waste…