Senate Session, Part 2
Senators also confirmed Bridget Bade’s judicial nomination to be the U.S. Court of Appeals judge for the Ninth Circuit, and voted to begin debate on a supplemental disaster aid spending bill.
The Senate failed to move forward on the House-passed “Green New Deal” resolution, with no senators voting for it. Fifty-seven voted “no,” all 53 Republicans, 3 Democrats, and independent Senator Angus King (ME). Forty-two Democrats and independent Senator Bernie Sanders (VT) voted “present. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) held the procedural vote in an effort to get Democrats on the record in support of the proposal. Democrats called the vote a "sham,” saying it was an effort to not have meaningful debate on climate change.
Bills in this Video
People in this video
- John A. Barrasso M.D. U.S. Senator (Class 1) [R] Wyoming
- Tom Carper U.S. Senator (Class 1) [D] Delaware
- John Cornyn U.S. Senator (Class 2) [R] Texas
- Joni Ernst U.S. Senator (Class 2) [R] Iowa
- Deb Fischer U.S. Senator (Class 1) [R] Nebraska
- Chuck Grassley U.S. Senator (Class 3) [R] Iowa
- Mazie Hirono U.S. Senator (Class 1) [D] Hawaii
- Amy Klobuchar U.S. Senator (Class 1) [D] Minnesota
Catherine Cortez Masto U.S. Senator (Class 3) [D] Nevada
- David Perdue U.S. Senator (Class 2) [R] Georgia
- Chuck Schumer U.S. Senator (Class 3) [D] New York
- Elizabeth Warren U.S. Senator (Class 1) [D] Massachusetts
- Sheldon Whitehouse U.S. Senator (Class 1) [D] Rhode Island
- Ron Wyden U.S. Senator (Class 3) [D] Oregon
- U.S. SenateU.S. Senate
More Videos From
- Senator McConnell on "Green New Deal"
- Senator Schumer on "Green New Deal"
- Senators Roberts, Thune and Casey on "Green New Deal"
- Senators Durbin, Murkowski, Cantwell, Lee, and Murray on "Green New Deal"
- Senate Cornyn on "Green New Deal"
- Senators Cortez Masto and Wyden on "Green New Deal"
Featured Clips from This Video
Senate Fails to Advance Debate on "Green New Deal"
The Senate falls to garner the sixty needed to advance consideration of the "Green New Deal.." Democrats Doug Jones,…
- 1 hour
- 643 views
The Senate approved the nomination of Michael Desmond to be IRS chief counsel. Members also voted to limit debate on Andrew…
On day 26 of the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, the Senate blocked a resolution lifting of sanctions on…
Senate Session, Part 1
The Senate continued work on judicial and executive nominations. Members advanced the nominations of Jonathan Kobes to be a…
Senate Session, Part 1
The Senate advanced three nominations.