Environmental Racism1993-09-17T22:34:48-04:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/628/050493-m.jpgParticipants discussed environmental problems in minority regions throughout the country. This “environmental racism” promotes health problems within minority communities because of the proximity to industrial dumping grounds.
Participants discussed environmental problems in minority regions throughout the country. This “environmental racism” promotes health problems within minority communities because of the proximity to industrial dumping grounds.
People in this video
- Deborah Alex-Saunders President Minority Environmental Association
- Elizabeth Bowen President Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Eva Clayton U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Harold Freeman Associate Director National Cancer Institute->Racial Disparities
- Clarisse Gaylord Director Environmental Protection Agency->Equity Office
- Kenneth Olden Director National Inst. of Environ. Health Sci.
- David Satcher M.D. Director Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bobby Scott U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- Theodore "Ted" M. Shaw Associate General Counsel NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Magdi Soliman Physician Florida A&M University
- Louis Stokes U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Bailus Walker Professor University of Oklahoma->Health Center
- Luther Williams Associate Director National Science Foundation->Education and Human Resources
- Congressional Black CaucusCongressional Black Caucus
Presidential Health Care Proposal
Opening a series of panels on health care and African-Americans, members of the caucus made their opening comments…
Agriculture Department Loan Discrimination
The Congressional Black Caucus held a forum in which they heard black farmers tell of Agriculture Department…
Black Indigent Health Care
The Congressional Black Caucus held a hearing on health care for the poor. Witnesses included representatives from the…