During this Senate Judiciary Subcommittee hearing, the witnesses talked about and answered questions on recent mergers in the… read more
During this Senate Judiciary Subcommittee hearing, the witnesses talked about and answered questions on recent mergers in the telecommunications industry. They mentioned how cable, film, and telephone company mergers would affect consumers. Specifically, the recent acquisitions by Bell Atlantic, Viacom, and Paramount have brought new competitors into the telecommunications industry and the ramifications of these were examined. close
People in this video
Kevin Arquit Director Federal Trade Commission
- Martin Davis Chairman and CEO Paramount Pictures
- Dale N. Hatfield Founder and President Hatfield Associates
- Peter W. Huber Representative Kellogg, Huber and Hansen
- Sumner M. Redstone Chairman Viacom, Inc.
Raymond W. Smith Chairman and CEO Bell Atlantic
- Senate Judiciary CommitteeSenate Judiciary Committee
- Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Monopolies and Business RightsSenate Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Monopolies and Business Rights
Committee members heard testimony from representatives of the communications industry concerning telecommunications…
Telephone lines were opened for viewer comments.
Telephone lines were opened for viewer comments on the New Hampshire Primary.
Digital Television Transition
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin reported on the status of the transition from analog to digital…