Violence Against Women1994-01-07T16:30:45-05:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/ba0/19940107170545002_hd.jpgParticipants discussed the issue of violence toward women as portrayed in media. They specifically addressed violence toward minority women and focused on recommendations to cure the problem.
Participants discussed the issue of violence toward women as portrayed in media. They specifically addressed violence toward minority women and focused on recommendations to cure the problem.
People in this video
- Willie Barrow Director National Rainbow Coalition
- Mary Frances Berry Member U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Dorothy I. Height National President National Council of Negro Women
- Jesse Jackson Founder National Rainbow Coalition
Deborah Prothrow-Stith Associate Dean Harvard University->Public Health School
- Janet Reno Attorney General Department of Justice
Betty Shabazz Widow
- C. DeLores Tucker Chairman National Polit. Congress of Black Women
- Operation PUSHOperation PUSH
Violence Against Women Act At 11:30am, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following judicial…
Violence Against Women
Kim Gandy talked about the Violence Against Women Act and the debate in the Senate over its expansion and renewal. Topics…
General Debate on Violence Against Women Act
Members debated passage of the Violence Against Women Act.
Women and Gun Violence
Law enforcement, legal, and social work experts testified about possible changes to the Violence Against Women Act, and the law’s…