Human Radiation Experiments Part 1
Ms. Faden outlined the program for the committee’s two-day meeting. Mr. Moreno spoke about the ethics of data collection from these experiments… read more
Ms. Faden outlined the program for the committee’s two-day meeting. Mr. Moreno spoke about the ethics of data collection from these experiments on human subjects. Ms. Faden described the committee’s plans for examining the current state of medical ethics with regard to experiments on human subjects. Then there was a general discussion on both past and present practices. close
People in this video
Ruth Faden Chair Advisory Cmte. Human Radiation Experim.
- Eli Glatstein Professor University of Texas->Radiation Oncology
- Jay Katz Professor Yale University->Law School
Patricia King Professor Georgetown University Law Center
- Susan Lederer Professor Pennsylvania State University
- Jonathan D. Moreno Staff Member Advisory Cmte. Human Radiation Experim.
- Nancy Oleinick Professor Case Western Reserve University
- Henry Royal Professor Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
- Philip Russell Professor Johns Hopkins University->International Health Program
- Advisory Cmte. Human Radiation Experim.Advisory Cmte. Human Radiation Experim.
Human Radiation Experiments Part 3
Three witnesses described the nuclear experiments in Pacific island areas. Wilfred Kendall spoke about the deliberate…
Combating Violent Crime
The U.S. Conference of Mayors held a discussion on crime and violence in America. Attorney General Janet Reno expressed her support…
War Correspondents Reunion: Little Wars
War correspondents reminisced about their coverage of minor conflicts, including Middle Eastern and other conflicts.
DeVoto's Easy Chair
Lewis Lapham talked about the column Mark DeVoto wrote for Harper’s called the “Easy Chair,” which he writes today.…