Current Economic Policies
Eight Economists spoke about the committee’s views on the U.S. economy. After their remarks, they took questions from the press.
People in this video
- Erich Heinemann Chief Economist Ladenburg, Thalmann and Co., Inc.
Mickey Levy Chief Economist Nationsbanc Corporation
- Allan H. Meltzer Professor Carnegie Mellon University->Graduate School Independent Admin.
- Charles Plosser Professor University of Rochester
William Poole Professor Brown University->Economics
- Robert Rasche Professor Brown University->Economics
- Anna Schwartz Research Associate National Bureau of Economic Resources
- Shadow Open Market CommitteeShadow Open Market Committee
U.S. Economic Outlook
Committee members heard testimony from Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, and other economic experts, concerning…
Federal Reserve Policy
The CATO Institute hosted two leading economists to discuss the future direction of Federal Reserve policy on interest…
Academic and Business Environment
The Shadow Open Market Committee, a group made up of economists from academia and the private sector, met to debate…
Federal Reserve Monetary Policy
William Poole talked about government bailouts of private entities. He spoke on “put options” and the policies of the…