Unfunded Mandates Republican freshmen Senators talked to reporters about the delays in the debate on legislation to end unfunded mandates . The current Senate version of the legislation requires the federal government to provide funding for any mandate over $50 million.
People in this video
- Mike DeWine U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
- Bill Frist M.D. U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- Rod Grams U.S. Senator [R] Minnesota
- James M. Inhofe U.S. Senator (Class 2) [R] Oklahoma
- Jon Kyl U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Rick Santorum U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Olympia J. Snowe U.S. Senator [R] Maine
Line-Item Veto Debate
Freshmen senators examined the Line-Item Veto legislation.