Scholars and practitioners talked about some of the effects of Welfare Reform and offered their views on jobs and job training, workforce preparation, and future policy considerations. They also answered questions from the audience.
People in this video
Judith Gueron President Manpower Demonstration Research Corp.
- Toby Herr Director Project Match
- Ying Lee Staff Member U.S. House of Representatives->Dellums, R. (D-CA)
- Rebecca Maynard Professor University of Pennsylvania->Education and Social Science
- Katherine McFate Associate Director Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Katherine S. Newman Professor Columbia University->Anthropology
- Demetra Nightingale Director Welfare Training and Research Program
- Myron Robinson President National Urban League->Cleveland, OH
- Audrey Rowe Executive Vice President National Urban League
Bret Schundler Mayor [R] Jersey City
- Joseph Stillman Partner Conservation Company
- Russell Tershy President Center for Employment Training
Hugh B. Price President and CEO National Urban League
- National Urban LeagueNational Urban League
Contract with America's Impact Part 2
Republican and Democratic mayors and others discussed the impact of the Republican agenda on their cities in such areas…
Contract with America's Impact Part 1
Republican and Democratic mayors spoke about the Contract With America, a Republican proposal designed to reform…
GOPAC-Republican Political Action Committee
Following prepared remarks about the 1994 midterm elections and the political landscape for 1996, Jack Kemp, Lamar Alexander,…
Future of America's Cities
The speakers and panel discussed various urban issues and took questions from the audience.