Perspectives on Past & Prospects for Future
Sponsored by the Univ. of Mississippi School of Law and the Center for the Study of Southern Culture, the panel discussed the civil rights movement and the law.
People in this video
Reuben V. Anderson Justice Mississippi Supreme Court
- Paul Brest Dean Stanford University->Law School
- Larry S. Bush Dean (Acting) University of Mississippi->School of Law
Julius Chambers Director NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Robert Crain Professor Teachers' College, Columbia Univ.
- John Greenberg Vice Dean Columbia University->Law School
- Melvyn Leventhal Attorney (Former) Mississippi->Civil Rights
Charles Morgan Jr. Attorney
Matthew Perry Jr. Judge U.S. District Court->South Carolina
- James Robertson Justice Mississippi Supreme Court
- University of Mississippi | Civil Rights Movement and the LawUniversity of Mississippi | Civil Rights Movement and the Law
Civil Rights Issues
Justice Reuben Anderson, from the Mississippi Supreme Court, the role of law in civil rights.
Legal Aspects of Civil Rights Movement
Larry Bush, University of Mississippi School of Law, and Justice James Robertson, Mississippi Supreme Court, discussed…
Crashing the Gates
The influence of WASPs (white anglo-saxon protestants) on American society is discussed by Robert Christopher in his…
Race & the Constitution in the 19th Century
Historian John Hope Franklin spoke at the Smithsonian Institute on race and the Constitution in the 19th Century.