Rand Corporation specialists and Clinton administration officials spoke about a study concerning access to electronic mail. They debated the feasibility as well as the pros and cons of providing all U.S. citizens access to electronic mail.
People in this video
- Kathryn Brown Director National Telecommunications and Information Administration->Policy Analysis
- Francis Fukuyama Senior Scientist RAND Corporation->Social Science
Larry Irving Assistant Secretary Department of Commerce->National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- Sally Law Analyst RAND Corporation->Behavioral Science
- Tedson Meyer Attorney
- Michael Nelson Special Assistant White House->Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Padmanabhan Srinagesh Economist RAND Corporation
- RAND CorporationRAND Corporation
Assistant Commerce Secretary Larry Irving spoke about the status of communications regulations, especially regarding…
Year 2000 Briefing
Mr. Koskinen talked with reporters about the apparent successful transition into the year 2000 by computer systems…
Telephone lines were opened for audience comments on the projected year 2000 computer problems.
President Clinton met with high-tech business leaders to call for a voluntary, industry-led coalition to coordinate…