FDA Approval Process Part 2
Witnesses testified about three bills designed to accelerate the FDA approval process for both food and drugs. Key points in the proposals… read more
Witnesses testified about three bills designed to accelerate the FDA approval process for both food and drugs. Key points in the proposals included allowing firms seeking approval to hire outside agencies to conduct safety tests, which the FDA conducted exclusively, and requiring the FDA to show a product was unsafe rather than a firm showing that it would not produce harm. close
People in this video
Michael Bilirakis U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Gordon Binder Chair and CEO Amgen Inc.
John R. Block President National American Wholesale Grocers Assn
- Larry Fanella Chairman National Turkey Federation
Gary Clyde Hufbauer Senior Fellow Institute for International Economics
Peter Barton Hutt Attorney
Michael F. Jacobson Co-Founder and Executive Director Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Fred Lyons Chairman Hoechst, Marion Pharmaceutical Company
- Thomas MacMahon President Roche Diagnostic Group
- Don Mader Senior Vice President Underwriters Labs Inc.
- House Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the EnvironmentHouse Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment
FDA Approval Process Part 1
Committee members heard from FDA officials concerning three bills designed to accelerate the FDA approval process for…
Budget Reconciliation Medicare Markup
House Commerce Committee markup session on the federal budget and Medicare reform.
Internal Revenue Service Operations Overview
The House Government Reform & Oversight Subcommittee heard testimony on the operations of the Internal Revenue Service,…
Poultry Product Regulation
Members of the House Government Operations Agriculture subcommittee held a hearing to talk about proper labeling of fresh and…