Federal Transit Administration Anniversary1996-07-02T06:08:00-04:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/88f/073326-m.jpgSecretary Pena spoke at a ceremony marking the 35th anniversary of the Federal Transit Administration. He talked about the development of mass transit and future needs of different populations.
Secretary Pena spoke at a ceremony marking the 35th anniversary of the Federal Transit Administration. He talked about the development of mass transit and future needs of different populations.
People in this video
- Speed Davis Executive Director National Council on Disability
- Nelson Diaz General Counsel Department of Housing and Urban Development->Office of the General Counsel
- Mortimer L. Downey Deputy Secretary Department of Transportation
- Lucy Garliauskas President Women's Transportation Seminar
- Jack Gilstrap Executive Vice President American Public Transportation Assn.
- Roy Kienitz Assistant Director Surface Transportation Policy Project->Federal Relations
- Gordon Linton Administrator Federal Transit Administration
- Federico F. Pena Secretary Department of Transportation
- Deborah Price President Conference of Minority Transportation Officials
- David Raphael Executive Director Community Transportation Assn. of Amer.
- Janette Sadik-Khan Deputy Administrator Federal Transit Administration
- Edward Wytkind Executive Director AFL-CIO->Transportation Trades Department
- Federal Transit AdministrationFederal Transit Administration
Transportation Department Budget
Secretary Pena talked with reporters about the Transportation Department budget. He took questions from the press.
Secretary Pena talked about transportation issues, the U.S. economy and federal-state relationships.
Administration officials announced new rules for trains leaving stations after a fatal commuter train-Amtrak wreck last…