Religious Discrimination in Europe
A journalist was mis-identified on screen as a Scientologist.
Commission members heard testimony concerning discrimination against members of certain religious groups. Religious leaders, scholars and… read more
Commission members heard testimony concerning discrimination against members of certain religious groups. Religious leaders, scholars and others testified about how various countries in Europe are mistreating various religious minorities in contradiction to the religious freedom principles in the Helsinki accords. Countries particularly mentioned included Russia, Germany, Turkey and Bosnia.
A journalist was mis-identified on screen as a Scientologist. close
People in this video
Laila al-Marayati Representative Muslim Women's League
Drew Christiansen U.S. Catholic Conference
- Chick Corea Member Church of Scientology
- Alfonse M. D'Amato U.S. Senator [R] New York
Cole Durham Professor Brigham Young University->Law
- Christine Engler Member Church of Scientology
- Isaac Hayes Member Church of Scientology
- Terry Jones Minister Germany
- James McCabe Associate General Counsel Watchtower Bible and Tract Society
M. Papaioannou Priest Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Shimon Samuels Director Simon Wiesenthal Center->International Liaison
- Chris Smith U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
Ekaterina Smyslova Chief Institute of Religion and Law->Legal Department
- John Travolta Member Church of Scientology
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in EuropeCommission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
Human Rights and Religious Freedom
Panelists talked about the status of religious freedom in various regions of the world. Among the topics they addressed…
International Religious Freedom Report
Commissioners talked to reporters and answered questions on their 2008 recommendations to the State Department on…
International Religious Freedom
President Bush made a statement on the 10th Anniversary of the International Religious Freedom Act.
Religious Freedom and Religious Extremism
Scholars talked about the relationship between religious repression and extremism.