November 18, 2013
Digital Currencies2013-11-18T15:02:35-05:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/51c/20131118161816003_hd.jpgPanelists testified on digital currencies, the online decentralized systems that allow people to exchange goods and services without using real money.
Panelists testified on digital currencies, the online decentralized systems that allow people to exchange goods and services without using real money.
People in this video
- Jeremy Allaire Chief Executive Officer Circle Internet Financial
- Ernie Allen Member National Commission on Children and Disasters
- Jerry Brito Senior Research Fellow and Director Mercatus Center at George Mason University->Technology Policy Program
- Tom Carper U.S. Senator (Class 1) [D] Delaware
- Edward Lowery Special Agent U.S. Secret Service->Criminal Investigative Div.
- Patrick Murck General Counsel Bitcoin Foundation
- Mythili Raman Assistant Attorney General (Acting) Department of Justice->Criminal Division
- Jennifer Shasky Calvery Director Department of the Treasury->Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs CommitteeSenate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
User Created Clips from This VideoView all clips from this video
Banking and Technology Access
Six banking access and financial technology experts talked about the findings of the Brookings Institution’s Center for…
Financial Stability Oversight Council 2015 Report
At a hearing before the House Financial Services Committee, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew presented the findings of the…
Witnesses testified on virtual currencies such as Bitcoin. Specifically testimony and committee members questions…
Future of Bitcoin
Edward Felten talked about Bitcoin, the virtual currency exchanged solely online, which had recently experienced…