Bork Nomination Day 7, Part 4
Representatives of a number of law enforcement agencies testify in support of the nomination. Witnesses describe Judge Bork’s record as supportive of law enforcement efforts.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Baldwin, Donald Executive Director National Law Enforcement Council
- Bellizzi, John Executive Director International Narcotics Assn. of Police
- Bittick, Cary Executive Director National Sheriffs' Association
- Carrington, Frank Attorney
- Fuesel, Robert President Federal Criminal Investigators Assn.
- Hughes, Johnny Director National Troopers Coalition
- Stokes, Dewey R. President National Fraternal Order of Police
- Vaughn, Jerry Executive Director International Assn. of Chiefs of Police
- Biden, Joseph "Joe" R. Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Leahy, Patrick J. U.S. Senator [D] Vermont
- Metzenbaum, Howard M. U.S. Senator [D] Ohio
- Simpson, Alan K. U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- Thurmond, James "Strom" Strom U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
Kennedy Nomination Day 3, Part 4
The committee concluded hearings on the nomination of Anthony M. Kennedy to be associate justice of the Supreme…
Souter Confirmation Day 5, Part 4
The chairman of the Conservative Caucus testified against the Souter confirmation, stating that Judge Souter held the…
Souter Confirmation Day 5, Part 3
Representatives of national law enforcement organizations spoke in favor of the Souter confirmation.
Thomas Confirmation Hearing Day 8, Part 2
The witnesses testified in support of the confirmation of Judge Thomas to the Supreme Court. They felt that he…