Revitalizing Distressed Areas
Committee members heard from former members of Congress and representatives from community development groups regarding low income communities. The General Accounting Office released a report on the 25 poorest urban and rural communities.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Doc Benson Oklahoma City, OK->Education and Employment Ministry
- Michael Brown Executive Director Community Bank of Lawndale, IL
- Stanley J. Czerwinski Official General Accounting Office->Economic Development
- Floyd H. Flake U.S. Representative (Former) [D] New York
- Michael Murphy President Renewal Atlanta
- Avis Vidal Research Associate Urban Institute, The
- Julius "J.C." Caesar Watts Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Oklahoma
- James "Jim" M Talent U.S. Representative [R] Missouri
Rep. Watts on Commencements
Rep. Watts talked about commencement addresses and what he likes to say when giving a commencement speech.
National Flood Insurance Program
Witnesses testified regarding repetitive loss claims filed with the National Flood Insurance Program. They focused…
Mortgage Fraud Day 1
Victims and officials testified about the practice of mortgage “flipping,” where home buyers are tricked…
Military Procurement Policies
Witnesses testified about Defense Department procurement policies and recent decisions to purchase Army berets from…