Mrs. Clinton announced that the president proposed a relief package of nearly $1 billion for Latin American countries hit by… read more
Mrs. Clinton announced that the president proposed a relief package of nearly $1 billion for Latin American countries hit by hurricanes Mitch and Georges. Much of the money was dedicated to restoring homes, schools, roads, and sanitation systems. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Madeleine K. Albright Secretary Department of State
- Brian Atwood Administrator U.S. Agency for International Development
- Hillary Rodham Clinton First Lady United States
- Maria Echaveste Director (Former) White House->Office of Public Liaison
- Tipper Gore Spouse Albert "Al" Gore Jr.
World AIDS Day Event
President Clinton and others talked about AIDS issues and the worldwide problem of the spread of AIDS.
Youth and Violence
Following a three-hour summit meeting about curbing youth violence, President and Mrs. Clinton talked to reporters…
Hurricane Relief Efforts
After their trip to regions of Central America devastated by Hurricane Mitch Mrs. Clinton and Mrs. Gore…
Women and Pay Equity
President Clinton commemorated the 35th Anniversary of President Kennedy’s signing of the Equal Pay Act. He…