Supervised Diet Programs
Under the chairmanship of Representative Ron Wyden, members hear testimony from representatives of Weight Watchers, the Diet Center, Physicians Weight Loss Centers, Nutra System and members of the Food and Drug Administration.
People in this video
- Berger, Charles President Weight Watchers, Inc.
- Destray, Ellen Vice President Jenny Craig International->Operation
- Engelbaugh, Patty Counselor Diet Center
- Garner, David Professor Michigan State University->Psychiatry
- Gilbertson, William Representative Food and Drug Administration
- Hoerr, Robert Director Sandoz Nutrition Corporation->Medical Affairs
- Liljenquist, Jim Senior Vice President Diet Center
- McCulloch, David President Nutri/System
- Michaels, William Representative Food and Drug Administration
- Peck, Carl Director Food and Drug Administration->Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
- Rush, Bill Senior Vice President Sandoz Nutrition Corporation->Clinical Products Division
- Sekeres, Charles President Physicians Weight Loss Centers
- Shank, Fred R. Director Food and Drug Administration->Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Stewart, Allen President Diet Center
- Stifler, Lawrence President Health Management Resources
- Sutkamp, Jerry Medical Director Physicians Weight Loss Centers
- Vash, Peter President American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Vitale, William President National Nutrition Institute of Maryland
- Wyden, Ronald "Ron" Lee U.S. Representative [D] Oregon
This year’s conference focuses on increases in prescription drug prices and who pays for them. Senator…
Health Status & Needs of Minorities in 1990's
The committee heard testimony from the Assistant Secretary of Health and a number of health care professionals.
American and Canadian Health Care
The forum met to debate the strengths and weaknesses of the United States and Canadian health care systems.
Representative Oakar discussed the Pepper Commission’s recommendation on financing health care for the elderly…