Supervised Diet Programs
Under the chairmanship of Representative Ron Wyden, members heard testimony from representatives of Weight Watchers, the Diet Center, Physicians Weight Loss Centers, Nutra System and members of the Food and Drug Administration.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles Berger President Weight Watchers, Inc.
- Ellen Destray Vice President Jenny Craig International->Operation
- Patty Engelbaugh Counselor Diet Center
- David Garner Professor Michigan State University->Psychiatry
- William Gilbertson Representative U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Robert Hoerr Director Sandoz Nutrition Corporation->Medical Affairs
- Jim Liljenquist Senior Vice President Diet Center
- David McCulloch President Nutri/System
- William Michaels Representative U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Carl Peck Director U.S. Food and Drug Administration->Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
- Bill Rush Senior Vice President Sandoz Nutrition Corporation->Clinical Products Division
- Charles Sekeres President Physicians Weight Loss Centers
- Fred R. Shank Director U.S. Food and Drug Administration->Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Allen Stewart President Diet Center
- Lawrence Stifler President Health Management Resources
- Jerry Sutkamp Medical Director Physicians Weight Loss Centers
- Peter Vash President American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- William Vitale President National Nutrition Institute of Maryland
- Ron Wyden U.S. Representative [D] Oregon
This year’s conference focuses on increases in prescription drug prices and who pays for them. Senator…
Health Status & Needs of Minorities in 1990's
The committee heard testimony from the Assistant Secretary of Health and a number of health care professionals.
American and Canadian Health Care
The forum met to debate the strengths and weaknesses of the United States and Canadian health care systems.
Representative Oakar discussed the Pepper Commission’s recommendation on financing health care for the elderly…