U.S. Business in Eastern Europe
The conference is titled “United States, Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union: Doing Business in a Period of Transition.” The… read more
The conference is titled “United States, Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union: Doing Business in a Period of Transition.” The purpose of the conference is to better understand the historic changes in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union in order to make effective use of the opportunities to help shape a better world. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Aikman Correspondent Time Magazine->Beijing, China
- Stanislav Assekritov Delegate U.S.S.R.->Ministers' Commission
- Les AuCoin U.S. Representative [D] Oregon
- Robert Barry Special Adviser Department of State->Eastern Europe
- Tamas Beck Minister Hungary->Trade Affairs
- Marek Dabrowski Deputy Finance Minister Poland
- J. Michael Farren Undersecretary Department of Commerce->International Trade
- William Eldridge Frenzel U.S. Representative [R] Minnesota
- John Lewis Gaddis Professor Ohio University->History Department
- Orval Hansen President Columbia Institute
- David "Dave" R. Nagle U.S. Representative [D] Iowa
- Corrado Pirzio-Biroli Deputy Head European Community Commission->Delegation
Europe 1992: A Strategy for the U.S.
Sponsored by Columbia Institute, U.S. Dept. of Commerce, & U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
The House agreed to the conference report on H.R. 5021, commerce, justice, and judicial appropriations, after having…
The House rejected H.Res. 180 on agreeing to the conference report on H.R. 2072 which would have made dire…
The House passed H.R. 20, to restore to Federal civilian employees their right to participate voluntarily in the…