Eisenhower as Leader
Gettysburg College sponsored a symposium commemorating the 100th anniversary of Dwight Eisenhower’s birth. A panel of scholars discussed the Eisenhower presidency, 1953-61.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Stephen E. Ambrose Director University of New Orleans->Eisenhower Center
- David Eisenhower Grandchild Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Louis Galambos Professor Johns Hopkins University->Political Science Department
- J. Robert Greene Professor Cazenovia College->History
- Fred Greenstein Professor Princeton University
- Phillip Henderson Professor University of Maryland, College Park->Political Science
- R. Gordon Hoxie President Center for the Study of the Presidency
- Shirley Anne Warshaw Professor Gettysburg College->Political Science
Eisenhower in the 1952 and 1956 Campaigns
The panelists discussed the campaigning and election of President Eisenhower in the 1952 and 1956 elections.
Mr. Ewald worked as an aide on the Eisenhower White House staff and assisted him with his memoirs. He…
Eisenhower's Executive-Legislative Relations
The panelists discussed the relationship between Eisenhower’s administration and the Congress. The…
The Media and Eisenhower
The panelists discussed the relationship of President Eisenhower and the media. Following the discussion…