How Would Al Gore Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Vice President Gore’s career and about how he might govern as… read more
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Vice President Gore’s career and about how he might govern as president. Among the issues they discussed were his Senate career, the extent to which he would take a partisan approach, and how he would differ on issues and in style from President Clinton. After their discussion they answered questions from the audience. close
People in this video
- David Brooks Senior Editor Weekly Standard, The
- James "Woody" Brosnan Correspondent Memphis Commercial Appeal->Washington Office
- Eugene "E.J." Joseph Dionne Jr. Columnist Washington Post
- John F. Harris Correspondent Washington Post->White House
- Elaine C. Kamarck Senior Adviser White House->Office of the Vice President
- Ron Klain Attorney O'Melveny and Myers
- Thomas E. Mann Director (Former) Brookings Institution->Government Studies
- Norman J. Ornstein Resident Scholar American Enterprise Institute
- Larry Pressler U.S. Senator (Former) [R] South Dakota
- James "Jim" Slattery Gubernatorial Candidate (Former)
How Would George W. Bush Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their own recollections of Governor Bush’s career as a businessman and…
How Would Al Gore Govern in Foreign Policy?
Panel members discussed how Vice President Al Gore would structure his foreign policy team, how he would work with…
How Would John McCain Govern?
Colleagues and journalists talked about their personal recollections of Senator McCain’s career and how he might…
How Would George W. Bush Govern in Foreign Policy?
Participants talked about Governor Bush’s likely approaches to foreign policy. Among the issues they…