Senators and others spoke to reporters about Medicare and the proposed federal budget. Among the issues they addressed were the… read more
Senators and others spoke to reporters about Medicare and the proposed federal budget. Among the issues they addressed were the impacts of tax cuts on plans for providing prescription drugs to seniors, impacts on the disabled, and the future of Medicare. Following their remarks they answered questions from the reporters. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Martha McSteen President National Cmte. to Preserve Social Secur.& Medicare
- Jay Rockefeller IV U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- Debbie Stabenow U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Tony Young Member Coalition for Citizens with Disabilities
Medicare Reform Legislation
Democratic senators spoke against the Medicare prescription drug bill then being considered by Congress. They…
Democratic senators talked about the future of the debate on the Medicare bill that night. They argued that with…
Legislators and others spoke about their opposition to the signing of a Medicare reform act, saying that the…
Democratic Budget Amendments
Democratic Senators talked to reporters about their proposed amendments to the Republican budget resolution.