Policy Options in Somalia
Witnesses testified about relations between the U.S. and Somalia, terrorist activity in Somalia, the problems of weak governments in the region, and long-term policy options in the effort to combat international terrorism.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Walter Kansteiner Member (Former) White House->National Security Council
- Robert MacPherson Director CARE->Emergency Group Assistance
- Ken Menkhaus Professor Davidson College
- David Shinn Analyst (Former) Department of State->Somalia
- Russell "Russ" Feingold U.S. Senator [D] Wisconsin
Africa, Islam and Terrorism
Participants talked about the history and growth of Islam in Africa and the development of militant sects that often…
David Shinn talked about the takeover of Somalia’s government by Islamist militia. He also talked about U.S.…
Environment of Terrorists
Moderated by Professor Macdonald, experts discussed the environments that enable terrorism. Topics included…
Strategy for Sudan
Witness testified on how to best promote both peace and justice in Darfur and support implementation of the…