Developments in Afghanistan
Witnesses testified about U.S. policy toward Afghanistan. Topics included Afghan women’s rights, President Karzai and the new government, the role of U.S. military forces, and rebuilding Afghanistan.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard L. Armitage Deputy Secretary Department of State
- David Grange Commander U.S. Army->1st Infantry Division
- Peter Tomsen Ambassador (Former) United States->Afghanistan
- Paul D. Wolfowitz Deputy Secretary Department of Defense
- George Allen U.S. Senator [R] Virginia
- Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Barbara Boxer U.S. Senator [D] California
- Lincoln Chafee U.S. Senator [R] Rhode Island
- Chuck Hagel U.S. Senator [R] Nebraska
- Richard G. Lugar U.S. Senator [R] Indiana
- Bill Nelson U.S. Senator [D] Florida
Future of Iraq
Officials testified about operations in Iraq, the planned transition of sovereignty to Iraqi authorities, security…
Nuclear Arms Reduction Treaty
Following a meeting with President Bush on a treaty with Russia to drastically reduce nuclear stockpiles, Senators…
Inquiry Into September 11 Attacks, Day 2
Officials testified about U.S. intelligence activities prior to September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. Among…
Ambassador to Afghanistan Nomination
Mr. Finn gave an opening statement in a brief hearing on his nomination as Ambassador to Afghanistan.