Participants talked about responses to national and local emergencies and major disasters. Among the topics they addressed were… read more
Participants talked about responses to national and local emergencies and major disasters. Among the topics they addressed were cooperation between agencies and the federal and local levels, public knowledge of disaster plans, the roles of disaster relief organizations, and developing improved disaster response plans and programs. Following their remarks they answered questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Brian Boyden Senior Vice President State Farm Insurance Co.
- Frank J. Cilluffo Associate Vice President and Director George Washington University->Homeland Security Policy Institute
- Barbara Cochran President Radio-Television News Directors Assn.
- Peggy Conlon President Ad Council
- Marsha Evans President American Red Cross
- George W. Foresman Deputy Coordinator Virginia->Department of Emergency Management
- James "Jim" S. Gilmore III Chairman National Advisory Panel on Terrorism
- Jane Harman U.S. Representative [D] California
- Alan McCurry Chief Operating Officer American Red Cross
- Susan Neely Assistant Secretary Department of Homeland Security->Public Affairs
- George Vradenberg Member Greater Washington Board of Trade->Emergency Preparedness
- Curt Weldon U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
Public Readiness Index
Secretary Ridge talked about the creation of a “public readiness index” to gauge the readiness of citizens,…
Admiral Evans talked about the need for better preparation for disasters and terrorist attacks. Among the topics…
Domestic Response Capabilities Report
Members of a commission on national security and terrorism, commonly referred to as the Gilmore commission, talked to…