Life and Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Participants talked about the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., the importance of the civil rights movement, race relations, and non-violent opposition movements.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Louis Farrakhan Minister Nation of Islam
- Alexine Jackson National President YWCA USA
- Veronica Johnson Meteorologist WRC-TV (Washington, DC)->News 4
- Madeline Lawson Vice President Howard University->University Affairs
- Robert Liberatore Senior Vice President DaimlerChrysler Corporation
- Kweisi Mfume President and CEO (Former) National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Randall Morgan President National Medical Association
- Charles J. Ogletree Jr. Chairman (Former) Practicing Law Institute
- Vivian Pinn Representative National Institutes of Health
- Ranendra Sen Ambassador India->United States
- Robert Stanton Official National Park Foundation
Millions More Movement, Afternoon
The Millions More Movement commemorated the 10th anniversary of the Million Man March on the National Mall with…
March on Washington News Conference
Participants talked to reporters about planned events to mark the 1963 March on Washington and honor the legacy of…
State of the Black Union 2001, Part 2
In a forum on the state of black America designed to present a public think tank that will analyze the critical…
Martin Luther King Celebration
In an annual ceremony honoring the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, organizers presented awards to leaders in the…