The Senate confirmed, 77-17, Lester M. Crawford, of Maryland, to be Commissioner of Food and Drugs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michael "Mike" B. Enzi U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- William "Bill" Frist U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- Charles "Chuck" E. Grassley U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Thomas "Tom" Harkin U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Orrin Hatch U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Mary Landrieu U.S. Senator [D] Louisiana
- Patrick J. Leahy U.S. Senator [D] Vermont
- Mitch McConnell Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Richard C. Shelby U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
Senators Tour of Hurricane Aftermath
Senators spoke to reporters about their tour of hurricane damaged areas along the Gulf Coast and the status of relief…
The Senate resumes consideration of H.R. 3057, the Foreign Operations Appropriations bill.
The Senate considers and agrees to H.J. Res. 52, the Burma Trade Resolution, a joint resolution approving the…
The Senate begins with a period of morning business. Thereafter it will resume consideration of H.R. 3057, the…