Catholic Politicians in the U.S.
Moderated by Mr. Russert, the panelists discussed Catholic politicians in the U.S. and whether their faith may affect their public… read more
Moderated by Mr. Russert, the panelists discussed Catholic politicians in the U.S. and whether their faith may affect their public policy decisions, particularly on social issues where the Church takes a strong position. Topics included abortion, social activism, homosexuality, war, Biblical teachings, and Democratic Catholics vs. Republican Catholics. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James Carville Commentator CNN->Politics
- Eugene "E.J." Joseph Dionne Jr. Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Governance Studies Program
- Edward W. Gillespie Special Adviser White House->Alito Nomination
- William Leahy President Boston University
- Timothy Muldoon Director Boston College->Church in the 21st Century Center
- Peggy Noonan Speech Writer (Former) White House
- Tim Russert Moderator NBC->"Meet the Press"
National High School Dropout Crisis
As part of a forum on reducing high school dropout rates, Professor Sesno served as master of ceremonies and Tim…
Life and Work of Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Panelists examined Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s prolific career as a senator, ambassador, scholar and…
Separation of Church and State in Principle and Politics
Former Senator Birch Bayh spoke about the First Amendment, specifically the separation of church and state. Topics…
Religious Faith and Military Service
Rabbi Arnold Resnicoff, special assistant for values and vision to the secretary of the Air Force and the Air Force…