Gerald R. Ford Journalism Awards
James Baker and Lee Hamilton address a National Press Club luncheon as part of the annual Gerald R. Ford Foundation Journalism Awards… read more
James Baker and Lee Hamilton address a National Press Club luncheon as part of the annual Gerald R. Ford Foundation Journalism Awards presentation. Former Secretary of State Baker and former Indiana Representative Hamilton paid tribute to the 38th president and answer questions on such issues as implementation of recommendations made by their bi-partisan Iraq Study Group in December 2006.
Jack Ford, son of the late president presented the foundation’s annual awards for outstanding coverage of the presidency and national defense issues. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James A. Baker III Co-Chair U.S. Institute of Peace->Iraq Study Group
- John "Jack" G. Ford Chairman Ford (Gerald R.) Presidential Foundation->Board of Trustees
- Steven M. Ford Son Gerald Rudolph Ford Jr.
- Robert Guest Correspondent Economist, The->Washington, DC
- Lee H. Hamilton Co-Chair U.S. Institute of Peace->Iraq Study Group
- Charlie Savage Correspondent Boston Globe
- Jerry Zremski President National Press Club
U.S. Policy in Iraq
Following remarks on the Gerald Ford Journalism Awards, Vice President Cheney answered questions from reporters about…
Strategy for Iraq
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee held a hearing on strategy and operations in Iraq. Chairmen of the Iraq…
Iraq Study Group Report Recommendations
Former Secretary Baker and Former Representative Hamilton testified about the report of the Iraq Study Group on its…
Iraq Study Group Report
The Iraq Study Group held a press conference on its bipartisan effort to rethink military and political options in…