Women as Voters and Activists
Panelists talked about women as voters and activists. They focused on emerging trends among women voters in the 2008 election and… read more
Panelists talked about women as voters and activists. They focused on emerging trends among women voters in the 2008 election and beyond, where their political influence would be greatest, and what drives women to activism. Eleanor Clift moderated.
This event was held at the Sewall-Belmont House and Museum. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Susan J. Carroll Senior Scholar Eagleton Institute of Politics->Center for American Women and Politics
- Eleanor Clift Contributing Editor Newsweek
- Ilana Goldman President Women's Campaign Forum
- Maren Hesla Director EMILY's List->Women Vote!
- Smith Sharon Holston Executive Vice President Sewall-Belmont House and Museum
- Leslie Sanchez Founder and CEO Impacto Group
- Mary G. Wilson President League of Women Voters
America and the Courts
On Thursday, June 26, 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right…
Presidential Chiefs of Staff
Presidential chiefs of staff talked about episodes from their careers and how the White House operates. Topics…
Supreme Court Cases on First Amendment Issues
Legal scholars spoke about free speech and First Amendment cases heard by the Supreme Court in the 2006-2007…
Supreme Court on Law and Regulation
Legal scholars talked about recent actions of the U.S. Supreme Court in law and regulation. They specifically…