Terrorist Watch List
A portion of the House Committee on Homeland Security was shown. The hearing focused on the progress and pitfalls of the Terror Watch… read more
A portion of the House Committee on Homeland Security was shown. The hearing focused on the progress and pitfalls of the Terror Watch List (TWL).
Representatives Bennie Thompson and Dave Reichert delivered opening remarks.
Glenn Fine talked about attempts to consolidate and stream line the TWL. He advocated an increased effort in accuracy for the TWL. He also talked about policy options that would reduce misidentifications with the TWL.
Eileen Larence talked about the creation of the TWL and the process used in its implementation. She spoke on the methods used by security forces to add or remove names on the TWL.
Leonard Boyle talked about the functions of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Terrorist Screening Center. He spoke on the methods that visa screeners could use to determine the threat of an individual to national security. He also spoke on the actions of the FBI in increasing the accuracy of the list.
Kathleen Kraninger talked about the levels of scrutiny used to determine the ability of an individual to enter the United States. She talked about the methods that a traveler can go through to appeal having been listed on the TWL.
The panelists answered questions from the Representatives. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Leonard Boyle Director Federal Bureau of Investigation->Terrorist Screening Center
- Glenn A. Fine Inspector General Department of Justice
- Kathleen L. Kraninger Director Department of Homeland Security->Office of Screening Coordination
- Eileen Larence Director Government Accountability Office->Justice Issues
- Gus Bilirakis U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Christopher "Chris" P. Carney U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Yvette D. Clarke U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Norman "Norm" Dicks U.S. Representative [D] Washington
- Bob Etheridge U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Al Green U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Nita Lowey U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Bill Pascrell Jr. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Edwin "Ed" G. Perlmutter U.S. Representative [D] Colorado
- David "Dave" Reichert U.S. Representative [R] Washington
- Mark Edward Souder U.S. Representative [R] Indiana
- Bennie Thompson U.S. Representative [D] Mississippi
Federal Terrorist Watch List
Witnesses testified in continuing oversight hearings on Department of Homeland Security programs created since the…
Homeland Security Issues
Sec. Ridge spoke to members of the press about homeland security and changes made in response to the September 11,…
David Goodman Interview
David Goodman talked about the loss of civil liberties in America after the terrorist attacks on 9/21/2001. He profiled…
Transformation of the FBI
The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Science, State, Justice, and Commerce, and Related Agencies held a hearing on…