Homeland Security Nominations
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee held a hearing on the nominations of Jeffrey Runge to be Assistant… read more
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee held a hearing on the nominations of Jeffrey Runge to be Assistant Secretary for Health Affairs and Chief Medical Officer at the Homeland Security Department and Harvey Johnson Jr., to be both Deputy Administrator and Chief Operating Officer of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Senators Lieberman, Burr, and Collins delivered opening remarks. Runge and Johnson gave remarks that highlighted their potential contributions to FEMA. They then answered questions from the Senators. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Burr, Richard U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- Johnson, Harvey E. Jr. Deputy Administrator Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Runge, Jeffrey W. M.D. Chief Medical Officer Department of Homeland Security
- Akaka, Daniel K. U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Collins, Susan M. U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Landrieu, Mary U.S. Senator [D] Louisiana
- Lieberman, Joseph "Joe" U.S. Senator [I] Connecticut
- Pryor, Mark U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Tester, Jon U.S. Senator [D] Montana
White House Daily Briefing
Dana Perino gave the daily White House briefing. She talked about the federal response to the victims of winter…
End of Session News Conference
Congressional leaders talked about the results of a year of Democratic control. Topics included ethics reform, tax…
Federal Response to Hurricane Gustav
Federal Emergency Management Agency officials talked about their plans for post-landfall Hurricane Gustav.
Hurricane Recovery Efforts
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee on disaster recovery held a hearing on hurricanes…