Role of University Endowments
Panelists assessed college endowments and discussed the need for and implications of possible reform. In the first panel Miller, Frey, and… read more
Panelists assessed college endowments and discussed the need for and implications of possible reform.
In the first panel Miller, Frey, and Vedder reviewed the role that college endowments play in higher education and discussed endowment investing strategy. Todd Zywicki moderated.
In the second panel Zerbe, Hartle, and Munson reviewed the possibility of using endowment proceeds to make college more affordable for students and families. Sandy Baum moderated.
Panel members responded to audience members' questions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sandy Baum Senior Policy Analyst College Board
- Donald E. Frey Professor Wake Forest University->Economics
- Terry W. Hartle Senior Vice President American Council on Education->Public Affairs
- Charles Miller Chairman Commission on the Future of Higher Education
- Lynne Munson Adjunct Research Fellow Center for College Affordability and Productivity
- Richard K. Vedder Visiting Scholar American Enterprise Institute
- Dean Zerbe Chief Investigative Counsel Senate Finance Committee
- Todd J. Zywicki Professor George Mason University School of Law
Future of Higher Education
Commission members talked about methods of improving education beyond high school and a draft report to the Department…
Rising College Costs
Mr. Vedder spoke about his book Going Broke by Degree: Why College Costs Too Much, published by the American…
Student Financial Aid, Part 5
Student financial aid experts discussed reforming the system. Andrew Kelly moderated. “Looking ahead:…
Margaret Spellings talked about student loans, No Child Left Behind, and the Higher Education Summit for Global…