Preparations for Hurricane Season 2008
Officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Military, Department of Homeland Security, and the Red Cross talked about preparations for the 2008 hurricane season.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Thad W. Allen Commandant U.S. Coast Guard
- Michael Chertoff Secretary Department of Homeland Security
- Mary S. Elcano President and CEO (Acting) American Red Cross
- Kevin M. Kolevar Assistant Secretary Department of Energy->Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability
- Paul McHale Assistant Secretary Department of Defense->Homeland Security
- R. David Paulison Director Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Lewis Southard Assistant Director U.S. Forest Service
- Guy C. Swan III Major General U.S. Army
Federal Response to Hurricane Gustav
The Federal Emergency Management Agency and other federal agencies held a briefing today on the federal preparation for…
Federal Preparation for Hurricane Ike
FEMA administrators talked about federal preparation for Hurricane Ike, which was headed toward the Texas Gulf Coast.
Federal Response to Hurricane Ike
FEMA officials updated reporters on the federal government’s response to Hurricane Ike, which made landfall at…
Federal Emergency Management Operations
The committee examined the role of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Topics included potential relocation…