Construction Safety Rules Enforcement
A hearing was held to examine the causes of recent construction and crane incidents, particularly in New York City and Las Vegas, and the… read more
A hearing was held to examine the causes of recent construction and crane incidents, particularly in New York City and Las Vegas, and the role of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Topics included whether states that do not run their own OSHA programs or large cities, can, or should, use their own enforcement resources and regulations, especially during times of major building booms.
George Cole testified about construction activities in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was an ironworker for over 40 years and a contractor. His brother-in-law, Harold Billingsley, was killed in a recent construction accident. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ayers, Mark H. President AFL-CIO->Building and Construction Trades Dept.
- Berkley, Shelley U.S. Representative [D] Nevada
- Cole, George Resident Las Vegas, NV
- Foulke, Edwin G. Jr. Assistant Secretary Department of Labor->Occupational Safety and Health Admin.
- Kallmeyer, Michael Director Independent Electrical Contractors->Midwest Region
- LiMandri, Robert D. Acting Commissioner New York City Dept. of Buildings
- Bishop, Timothy "Tim" H. U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Hare, Phil U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Holt, Rush U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Kildee, Dale E. U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- Kline, John U.S. Representative [R] Minnesota
- McCarthy, Carolyn U.S. Representative [D] New York
- McKeon, Howard "Buck" U.S. Representative [R] California
- Miller, George U.S. Representative [D] California
- Sanchez, Linda T. U.S. Representative [D] California
- Sarbanes, John P. U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Woolsey, Lynn U.S. Representative [D] California
Miner Safety and Health
Witnesses testified on H.R. 5663, the Miner Safety and Health Act of 2010, which would authorize the government to…
Student Athletes and Concussions
The House Education and Labor Committee held a hearing on pending legislation to reduce and more safely manage…
Witnesses testified on miner safety and health. Among the topics they addressed were lessons learned from the…
School Safety and Security
Witnesses testified on school safety and security in light of the December 2012 elementary school shooting in Newtown,…