Afghanistan War and Counterterrorism Strategies
Senator Lindsey Graham talked about the war in Afghanistan and counterterrorism strategy. He also criticized the media for focusing… read more
Senator Lindsey Graham talked about the war in Afghanistan and counterterrorism strategy. He also criticized the media for focusing too much attention on issues such as the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy and Delaware Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell instead of more serious topics such as national security.
Senator Graham responded to audience members questions following his remarks. Afterward, panelists talked about Senator Graham’s remarks. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Donnelly, Thomas Resident Fellow American Enterprise Institute->Defense and Security Policy
- Graham, Lindsey U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Pletka, Danielle Vice President American Enterprise Institute->Foreign and Defense Policy Studies
- Schmitt, Gary J. Director American Enterprise Institute->Advanced Strategis Studies
- Thiessen, Marc A. Visiting Fellow American Enterprise Institute
U.S. Strategic Options in Afghanistan
Foreign policy scholars talked about the strategic challenges in Afghanistan facing the U.S. and its NATO partners.
Terrorism and al-Qaida in Africa
Panelists talked about terrorism, Islamic fundamentalism, and the presence of al-Qaida in Africa. Among the issues…
U.S. Military Intervention in Libya
Panelists talked about the implications of U.S. military actions in Libya. Among the issues they addressed were…
CIA Interrogations and the bin Laden Operation
Panelists talked about CIA interrogations and the role they played in the operation that killed Osama bin…