Identity Theft and Tax Fraud
Officials from the Internal Revenue Service amd Treasury and Justice Departments testified on their efforts to prevent fraud in tax returns and credits, and working with law enforcement to protect taxpayers.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ron Cimino Deputy Assistant Attorney General Department of Justice->Criminal Tax Matters
- J. Russell George Inspector General Department of the Treasury->Tax Administration
- Steven T. Miller Deputy Commissioner Internal Revenue Service->Services and Enforcement
- Richard B. Nugent U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Todd Platts U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Edolphus Towns U.S. Representative [D] New York
Income Tax Policy
Witnesses testified about the estimated $385 billion gap between what people owe in federal taxes and what the Internal…
Treasury Department Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Request
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew testified on his department’s fiscal year 2014 budget request.
Internal Revenue Service Scrutiny of Non-Profit Groups, Part 2
Acting Commissioner Steven Miller and Inspector J. Russell George testified about revelations that the Internal Revenue…
Internal Revenue Service Scrutiny of Non-Profit Groups, Part 1
Acting Commissioner Steven Miller and Inspector General J. Russell George testified about revelations that the Internal…