Family Medical Leave Act 20th Anniversary
House Democrats marked the 20th anniversary of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). President Bill Clinton signed the act in 1993 to… read more
House Democrats marked the 20th anniversary of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). President Bill Clinton signed the act in 1993 to “balance the demands of the workplace with the needs of families.” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said the landmark legislation reflects “America’s family values” but added that the next step would be to include paid leave for working families. Two of the mothers on the stage told stories about how they used the FMLA. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- DeLauro, Rosa U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- Fudge, Marcia U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Jones-Gunter, Matari Resident San Antonio
- Mikhail, Vivian Board Member Maine Women's Policy Center
- Miller, George U.S. Representative [D] California
- Pelosi, Nancy U.S. Representative [D] California
The U.S. House of Representatives convened for a legislative session.
The House considered H.R. 2632, a bill that reauthorizes only farm programs.
cybersecurity bill, college loan interest rate bill
The House debated and passed health reform legislation by a vote of 220-215. One Republican, Rep. Joseph Cao…