Open Learning and the Future of Education
Panelists talked about the impact of online teaching on higher education, focusing on massive, open online courses (MOOCS). They discussed… read more
Panelists talked about the impact of online teaching on higher education, focusing on massive, open online courses (MOOCS). They discussed the benefits of MOOCs including accessibility and low costs, as well as their potential for decreasing the quality of education. The program included questions from audience members. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Thomas L. Friedman Columnist New York Times->Foreign Affairs
- Amy Gutmann President University of Pennsylvania
- Martha Kanter Undersecretary Department of Education
- William "Brit" English Kirwan Chancellor University System of Maryland
- Daphne Koller Professor Stanford University->Computer Science Department
Panelists talked about efforts to expand access to higher education. Speakers included Daphne Koller, the…
Book Discussion on The Spirit of Compromise
Amy Gutmann, president of the University of Pennsylvania, talked about her book, The Spirit of Compromise: Why…
University of Pennsylvania Commencement Address
Denzel Washington gave the 2011 University of Pennsylvania commencement address.
A panel discussion was held on the origins and effects of the current economic crisis. Topics included the causes…