Prisoners of the Vietnam War Homecoming 40th Anniversary Dinner
May 24 is the anniversary of the 1973 White House dinner hosted by the Nixons to welcome home Vietnam War POWs. Ross Perot delivered… read more
May 24 is the anniversary of the 1973 White House dinner hosted by the Nixons to welcome home Vietnam War POWs. Ross Perot delivered the keynote address, and video messages from Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger were shown.
On May 24, 1973, President Nixon held a White House dinner to welcome prisoners of war home from Vietnam. From May 23-25, 2013, the Richard Nixon Foundation hosted a 40th anniversary reunion for the former POWs at the Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, California. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Quincy Collins Colonel (Retired) U.S. Air Force
- Tricia Nixon Cox Daughter Richard "Dick" M. Nixon
- Thomas J. Hanton Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) U.S. Air Force
- H. "Ross" Perot Presidential Candidate (Former) Reform Party of the United States of America
- Richard "Sandy" Quinn President Nixon (Richard) Foundation
- Edward "Ed" Royce U.S. Representative [R] California
- Jerry Singleton Brigadeer General (Retired) U.S. Air Force
- Ronald H. Walker Chairman Nixon (Richard) Foundation
Former Prisoners of the Vietnam War Panel
Former prisoners of war (POWs) from the Vietnam War shared their experiences.
On May 24, 1973, President Nixon held a…
Vietnam POW Homecoming Anniversary
Participants spoke at the opening ceremony of a 40th anniversary reunion for former Vietnam prisoners of war (POW). The…
President Nixon Centennial Birthday Gala
A gala dinner marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of President Richard Nixon. The event was held in the…
Effective Use of the President's Time
A panel of White House insiders during the Nixon administration talked about how Chief of Staff Bob Haldeman organized…