Health Care Law Implementation
Panelists talked about challenges related to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, the health care law, which was to be fully enacted in 2014. Topics included states' roles, the individual mandate, and more.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Henry Aaron Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Economic Studies
- Sheila P. Burke Lecturer Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
- Bruce Caswell President Maximus Health Services
- Elaine C. Kamarck Director Brookings Institution->Management and Leadership Initiative Program
- Joshua M. Sharfstein M.D. Secretary Maryland->Health and Mental Hygiene
Military Health Care System
Dr. Jonathan Woodson spoke about the complexities of and efforts to reform the U.S. military health care…
Major Health Problems
Health Care Costs and Universal Coverage
Authors of a paper on health care reform presented their alternatives to the Affordable Care Act. The paper,…
Federal Government Role in the Economy and Jobs
Panelists talked about the role of federal government in economic growth. They cautioned against over-regulation…