International Drug Costs
The subcommittee heard testimony from representatives of pharmaceutical companies and consumer groups on the relative prices of medications… read more
The subcommittee heard testimony from representatives of pharmaceutical companies and consumer groups on the relative prices of medications in the U.S. and other countries. Specifically, the committee sought to determine why many pharmaceuticals cost more in the U.S. than identical pharmaceuticals cost in other countries, and heard testimony on proposals to reduce the U.S. cost of medicine. The subcommittee heard from panels from the General Accounting Office, a panel of consumers and consumer groups, and a panel of officials from the pharmaceutical industry. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert Dresing President Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Dody Gantt Virginia Beach
- David Gross Economist General Accounting Office->Human Resources
- Richard Lane Representative Merck and Company
- Gerald Mossinghoff President Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Assn
- Robert Neimeth Representative Pfizer, Inc.
- Ron Pollack Executive Director Families USA
- Jonathan Ratner Staff Member General Accounting Office->Human Resources
- Steven W. Schondelmeyer Professor New Republic
- Janet Shikles Director General Accounting Office
- Ley Smith Representative Upjohn, Inc.
- Albert Wertheimer Representative Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
The subcommittee heard testimony from three panels of doctors, pharmaceutical corporation administrators and public…
Food and Drug Administration Enforcement
The subcommittee heard testimony from representatives of the Food and Drug Administration on the enforcement of the…
Prescription Drug Benefits for Medicare
Administration officials and health care industry representatives testified on the Clinton administration’s…
Health Care Reform Issues
Representatives of health care organizations spoke in a panel discussion in a symposium on the American health care…