Progressive Policy Priorities
The coalition held a three day conference, called "Defending the Family: Strategies for Economic Justice and Hope". In this forum, the participants set a progressive agenda for the future.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Stephanie Arellano President U.S. Student Association
- Willie Baker Vice President United Food and Commercial Workers Intl.Union->International Union
- Willie Barrow Director National Rainbow Coalition
- Ellen Bravo Officer National Association of Working Women
- Martha Burk Co-Founder Center for Advancement of Public Policy
- Robert Chase Vice President National Education Association
- Richard Cloward Professor Columbia University
- Lori Greene Spokeswoman Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Jesse Jackson Founder National Rainbow Coalition
- Laura Murphy Lee Director American Civil Liberties Union->Washington, DC
- Roberto Maestas President Centro De La Raza
- Hilda Mason Member District of Columbia->City Council
- Tony Mazzocchi Member Oil, Chemical, and Atomic Workers Union
- Denise O'Brien President National Family Farm Coalition
- Ron Richardson President Hotel and Motel Association of D.C.
- Martin Sanchez Executive Director National Lawyers Guild
- Bernie Sanders U.S. Representative [I] Vermont
- Kiristi Shastri Representative Student Coal. for Action in Literacy Ed.
- Harold T. Smith President National Bar Association
- Nkechi Taifa Chair National Conference of Black Lawyers
Republican Contract with America
The coalition held a three day conference, called "Defending the Family: Strategies for Economic Justice and Hope". In…
The participants talked with reporters about affirmative action. They held this news conference to challenge the…
Mr. Jackson gave the opening remarks at the National Rainbow Coalition Leadership Meeting. The coalition held…
Voter Hotline Announcement
The participants spoke about the establishment of a minority voter information hotline to monitor election day…