Administration officials announced new rules for trains leaving stations after a fatal commuter train-Amtrak wreck last week.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Grace Crunican Deputy Administrator Federal Transit Administration
- Mortimer L. Downey Deputy Secretary Department of Transportation
- Jolene Molitoris Administrator Federal Railroad Administration
- Leon E. Panetta Chief of Staff White House
- Federico Pena Secretary Department of Transportation
Committee members heard testimony from members of Congress, railroad experts and others about the safety of rail…
Railroad Grade Crossings
In the first panel, witnesses testified about the problem of accidents at railroad grade crossings and discussed…
State of the Union Address Preview
Mr. Panetta briefed reporters on some of the ideas which will be in President Clinton’s State of the Union…
White House Daily Briefing
White House officials talked with reporters about budget negotiations, the president’s trip to Bosnia and other…