Welfare Benefits for Immigrants
Committee members heard testimony concerning the growing cost of welfare for legal immigrants due to immigrants' inviting elderly family members to join them in the U.S. who soon become elgible for Social Security because of their age.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- George Borjas Professor Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
- Karen Darner State Representative Virginia
- Lavinia Limon Director Department of Health and Human Services->Family Services
- David A. Martin Principal Deputy General Counsel Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Mark Tajima Analyst Los Angeles County, CA->Social Services
- Pete V. Domenici U.S. Senator [R] New Mexico
Fiscal Year 1997 Federal Budget
Director Rivlin testified on President Clinton’s 1997 federal budget.
Welfare for Legal Immigrants
Administration officials and others testified about the use of welfare programs by immigrants in the U.S. This…
Economic and Budget Outlook
The committee heard testimony from the CBO director on budget preparations and the economic forecast for the 1997…
Federal Budget Resolution Markup Part 1
The committee approved a fiscal plan that would balance the federal budget over seven years while making drastic…