Savings & Loan Crisis News Conference
The latter part of this program includes departing comments by congressmen after meeting with the President.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Thomas "Tom" S. Foley U.S. Representative [D] Washington
- Edwin "Jake" Jacob Garn U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Richard A. Gephardt U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- Newt Gingrich U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
- H. John Heinz U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Donald Wayne Riegle Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
Appropriations were passed for the governance of the District of Columbia when the House agreed to H.R. 3026. Of note…
The Senate agreed to S.Res. 165, expressing the sense of the Senate regarding American hostages in…
The Senate passed H. R. 2712, the Emergency Chinese Immigration Act, to waive the 2-year foreign residence requirement…
The Senate passed S. 774, to reform, recapitalize, and consolidate the Federal deposit insurance system, and to enhance…