Are Term Limits the Answer?
Three supporters and three opponents of term limits discussed how term limits will or will not solve the problems in U.S.… read more
Three supporters and three opponents of term limits discussed how term limits will or will not solve the problems in U.S. politics. They examined whether term limits would address such problems as special interest influence and the power of incumbents. After their presentations, they took questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Victor Kamber Political Consultant Democratic Party
- David Keating Executive Vice President National Taxpayers Union
- John R. Lott Jr. Visiting Professor University of Chicago->Law School
- Ellen S. Miller Executive Director Public Campaign
- Mark Petracca Associate Professor University of California, Irvine->Political Science
Is Politics Broken?
Participants discussed the problems and dilemmas in United States politics. This forum discussed term limits and…
Term Limits Debate
Following an introduction by Mr. Crane, George Will discussed the necessity of term limits in order to establish…
Congressional Term Limits
Mr. Fund and Mr. Kamber discussed the issue of term limitations for members of Congress, which will be on the…
Term Limitations: Housecleaning or Sham?
The panel talked about term limits. Topics included the history, benefits, and drawbacks to term…