Economic Response to Military Conflict
Panelists discussed the effect of war on military spending and production. They answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Bjornstad Leader Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- James Grichar Economist Federal Emergency Management Agency
- George Horwich Professor Purdue University
- Martin C. Libicki Senior Fellow National Defense University
- Joseph Muckerman Director (Former) Department of Defense->Emergency Planning
The Military-Economic Dimension
Business Support of Operation Desert Shield
The business leaders had been involved in private sector support of Operation Desert Shield. They answered…
Exports to Iraq
The committee heard testimony on U.S. trade with Iraq before the Persian Gulf war. The subcommittee chairman,…
Book Discussion on The Second World
Parag Khanna talks about the developing countries around the world that have become geopolitical chess pieces in the…